Tuesday, July 27, 2010

They "sang as they walked,"

We pulled each other around while eating cotton candy. (Not the same.)

We also ate a bunch of other stuff, like popsicles, snowcones, hamburgers, watermelon, lemonade, parade taffy, Pepperidge Farm goodies... (It was a good summer food day!)
Gathered candy.
Spun around. This "fan powered" swing was so fun. Damon was barely under the weight limit and I kind of think the man in charge didn't really believe me. (BTW "the man in charge" was non-other than Don Aslett.)
Played in bouncy houses and got pulled around the fairgrounds.
Chased the baby goats. (Damon didn't really want to hold them, just chase them around and say he could catch them. He gave every goat he caught to some little girl who just wanted to hold them.)
The horses were a hit that day, from the tiny pony in the parade to the races at the end of the day.

Right before bed we finished up all the fireworks and party poppers we still had lying around the house. (As I have mentioned before, Damon has sensitive ears.)
The day was so much fun and I love celebrating the pioneers (even in our modern way.)

5 comments:

Elise said...

FUN! I wish we celebrated it here in Iowa. The baby goats are adorable. The food and games sound awesome!

Straley Family said...

Holy Cow! That is a day made in a child's heaven. I wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

I love those cute pictures! ;)

Mama Bear said...

That was fun. I became grumpy because it was so hot and kids were not using manners, but we had a good time. Wish we would have seen you all. We missed the horses this year, darn, looks like fun.

Cherryl said...

That was such a fun day. I want everyone to go to it next year. The pictures turned out good. Dad watched the videos last night, that I took that day. He thought it looked fun. I am glad that we got cotton candy. It sounds so good right now.