Monday, December 10, 2007

Sledding!

The park across the street from our house has the perfect sledding hill. It is just very rare that there is snow to use it (kids are always using their sleds even without snow, it is pretty funny.) We took the opportunity today.
Damon was so excited to go to the park. He picked up all of his toys without even complaining. It was really nice, and now I know how little help he really needs. He claims a lot, but now I know the truth.
It was a little chilly today and the first really wintery weather we have. Since we live on a busy road and a hill we know winter is here when we watch people sliding down the hill all day (I mean in their cars.) Someone actually slid from the road and into our yard today. They just missed our car.
I had to convince Damon to get in the sled with me. He spent most of his time sliding down the hill on his tummy. I guess the sled goes too fast for him.

What was once a summer kiddie pool has now become the king of all sleds. I don't know who these kids were, but what an idea! I wish I had thought of it, and also that I had a sweet kiddie pool like this to use as a sled. I hope they didn't notice I was taking pictures of them. I tried to be sneaky. I fully expect the police to show up at my door anytime tonight. Okay, now I sound crazy! I really do not go around taking pictures of other people's children.

4 comments:

Brady said...

Oh! that looks so fun! We want to go sledding! when we come! it will be great! see you guys soon! I just love exclamation points!

Elise! and! Brady!

Tara said...

That looks like so much fun! The picture of you and Damon on the sled is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey- this is Amber (Ward) I don't know if you even remember me from HS- Your pictures are so cute! And, Where is Lori? When you see her tell her hi from me.

Cordie said...

You are so funny! I will probably see you in the court report someday! Ha ha ha! Looks like fun and I love your Christmas card! Can't wait to see you! If you are in Bear Lake next weekend let me know because Courtney will be up! She would love to see you!