Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tennis and the Silly Old Man

A few weeks ago we wanted to play tennis. Tyler and I both have raquets, but we knew Damon would be sad if he didn't have one to play with. We decided to just make a quick trip to the D.I. on our way to the courts and see if they had something suitable to a five year old (works okay, but won't be bad if it ends up hitting a rock or gets smashed into the ground, all on accident of course.) We were very happy to find a cute little raquet, in good condition, for $2.00. As we were leaving we heard over the loud speaker, "We the owner of a red and white Buick please come to the front." When we got to the parking lot we realized why. This old man decided to park right in the middle of the parking lot. This picture hardly does the scene justice. It was so funny! You can see a lady staring at the car as she walks by and she was not the only one. Everyone going into the store could not stop staring in confusion.



Well, we made it to the tennis courts and played for a few minutes when who drives by? The owner of the car above. There was no mistaking that car. We had a good laugh. They must not have let him stay very long.


If it is a ball, Damon knows how to use it. He loves all sports and always figures out how to be good at them so quickly. I love how into them he gets. Look at his little tongue sticking out! He works so hard.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

GREAT story and I love the photo of Damon! That's one for the scrapbooks.

Anonymous said...

Damon looks like a professional. It's sad when I'm jealous that a five year old is more coordinated than me!

Cordie said...

how funny it story! are you guys good at tennis? we love to play tennis.

Straley Family said...

Doni, your blog is so much fun to read. Everywhere I go now I want to take my camera just in case I can get a fun picture to put on my blog. John thinks I'm obsessed. He needs to get on your blog more often to realize the importance of random picture taking.

josie said...

this is a cute story, i can see my grandpa doing something like that. he does have a cool car though, maybe he was trying to show it off. haha