Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sending Damon to School

Can Damon really be old enough to go to Kindergarten? He was pretty excited that first day.
Can you guess what his favorite color is? Yep, BLUE!

I dropped him off the first day. I knew I wouldn't want to leave, so after class started, I hovered outside the door for a few min., fighting back tears. It was fun to watch him interact with the other kids, and I felt like I had composed myself. Then his teacher asked who was nervous about coming to school. She called on Damon to tell her why. He said, "I didn't want to leave my mom." That did it. I had to find the nearest exit as quickly as I could. I stumbled, through my tears, to the car and had a good cry. Then I wondered why I had planned on running errands after I dropped him off. However, I wasn't about to let my puffy eyes keep me from getting things done, so off I went.
Thank goodness for big sunglasses to hide behind.

Tuesday was the day to put him on the bus.

I was able to handle things a little better. A new exciting adventure for Damon. He was, again, very excited.

Doesn't that bus look way too big and Damon way too small? Maybe it's just me!

3 comments:

Elise said...

I really can't believe it. He can't be in school. It is so precious that he was most sad about leaving you. I honestly just had a little cry myself. I just can't believe it! I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but it will be so much fun to see how much he learns. He is so smart. You'll have to keep me updated on all the stuff he's doing at school. It will be so cute!

Anonymous said...

Doni,
You're so cute. That was a lot to take having Tyler and Damon start school this week. You'll have to do some self-pampering or something to really enjoy it and take your mind off of it!

Jayson & Carrie said...

OH Doni...I just want to hug you! :) Jayden doesn't turn five until October so he has preschool this year...I must say I'm pretty excited for another year of him home. I'll be crying next year I already know! At least you know Damon loves you! :)