Friday, May 14, 2010

Invite to Bannister to Blog

I am hosting bunco this month and made invitations* with a little banner on them. It inspired me to make one out of fabric for the house.


I used pinking shears to cut out the triangles so I only had to sew along the top edge.


I picked fabrics with colors that coordinate with a photo collage I have in the living room.

Then I added some little coffee filter flowers (this link is a tutorial, it's the same place I discoverd rolled fabric flowers). Damon had a lot of fun helping me make these.

*I thought I would share how I made post card invitations, because it was inexpensive, simple, and versatile (ie. announcements, holiday cards, etc.). I used photoshop and digital scrap supplies to create the invitations. Then I printed them off as 4x6 photographs. I checked with the post office and 4x6 is about as big as a post card can be. There is a thickness requirement also which a photograph doesn't meet. So, I glued a 4x6 index card to the back. This provided the proper size and a blank spot on the back for writing the addresses and putting the stamp. Many photo labs will create post cards for you, but not in one hour. Since I don't like to wait when I get an idea, this worked well and I had the invites in my hands the same day. It was also less expensive.

3 comments:

Elise said...

How cute. I'm really glad you posted your photo collage, too. I've been wanting to do one forever in our living room and I like to look at others for placement ideas. I had planned on putting my shelf in the middle with pictures and stuff around it, so it's probably going to look a lot like yours. :) Haha. I'll tell you if it turns out.
PS Thanks for your input; my laundry all turned out fine. :)

Unknown said...

Love what you do! You are so creative!

Qmann said...

You really are creative. I can't wait to see the banner thurs!!
Amber L