Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Day!


Yesterday school was closed due to snow. Damon was excited at first, but then sad when he remembered he would miss his A.R. Party and Thanksgiving feast. He was also a little sad when he didn't get to go out and play in the snow. He was feeling a little sick and needed new boats so I told him he needed to wait until today. This is he and Ellie playing in the first real snow fall of this year, last Saturday. The snow day gave me some extra time to get ready for Thanksgiving.

I have this little "blessing jar" on my table to help us all catch the Thanksgiving spirit.

Next to the jar I have strips of paper and a pen. I like everyone to write something they are grateful for and stick it in the jar. These things range from really sweet to really silly (which I love). I use different colored paper each year to help keep the dates separate and I ask everyone to put their name on it. It is fun to read what people put. Last year Elise and Brady were here so it was fun to remember what we were doing then.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

You are so creative. Those look so great. Happy Thanksgiving.

Rowland Blog said...

I love your cute ideas!!!

Cordie said...

I agree! You have the best ideas!

Cherryl said...

I am so glad that you have the blessing jar tradition. We should always be so grateful. I love the colors in your photo. Love you,

Tara said...

Out of all the things you post, this is what I have to comment on...or question on...where did you get that green ribbon on your blessing jar? I have been looking for that exact thing for something I am working on. Looked all over. text me.