Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ramekins

I hosted Bunco a couple of months ago and one of the prizes I picked where little souffle ramekins. A few people had never used them before so I got a couple recipes together for them. Thought I would post them here, too.

The first is Molten Lava Cake. I don't have a picture, but that is probably because I am too excited to eat these that I don't take the time to get one. They are so yummy and I make them a lot. The recipe suggests making them in muffin tins which works well if you are serving a larger group of people, but I like to make them in ramekins. They are so much bigger. ;)

I also like Chocolate Souffle and I think this is a good recipe. I have heard that you should brush the butter up the sides to encourage the cake to rise better while baking.


And then here is one that Damon has been begging me to make. Really easy and fast Chicken Pot Pies. I also like it because it eliminates a lot of the crust. I like to save my fat and calories for dessert. If this was a berry pie I would say the more butter the better.

Here is what I do. Cube some potatoes and boil them with mixed veggies. At the same time in another pan I saute onion and seasoned chicken in a little olive oil. When the chicken is done I make a simple gravy and drain the veggies. Then mix everything together and fill the cups. Top with a round of pie crust and bake at 415 until the crust starts turning brown. This is also great for summer because you don't have to have the oven on for very long heating up your kitchen. Damon loves having his own little personal pie.

Also, if you like fabric napkins, like us, you might like this idea. I got an e-mail about them this morning and it came at a perfect time. Tyler had just filled a bag for the D.I. and there were a few shirts in there I'm excited to use.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I love having my own personal pie too! Looks so yummy & cute.