Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference Weekend!

Amazing as usual. This year was especially exciting because we were able to attend the Saturday morning session in Salt Lake City. This was the 1st time Damon was old enough to go and he was so excited. Never mind the fact that we had to get up from our seats, in the middle of a very long row, twice in the 2 1\2 hours that we were there so he could go to the bathroom. It was still awesome.




I'm amazed by Temple Square. It's always so beautiful. Damon was sad to leave. He said he wants to live in Salt Lake.


But the time came to go home. On our way we stopped at a new favorite burger and frozen custard shop. I think it was exit 319 and we will definitely be stopping again.


Sunday we relaxed at home while we watched the rest of Conference on T.V.




Damon broke out the watercolors and Ryan and I joined him in making a little book.




This is my favorite page. Not only because I think it looks super cool, but because Damon was inspired by the amazing talk on the Book Of Mormon, by Tad R. Callister . If you missed it check it out. I'm not sure which talk is my favorite because I loved so many. But I do know, I can't wait for the November Ensign so I can re-read, and highlight, and mark all of them. We had such a great weekend and we all felt a special spirit being in the presence of such incredible men and women.


P.S. Please don't forget to let me know your favorite Christmas Party memory or idea. I know more of you have read this than have let me know. Remember, I need your help!

3 comments:

Rowland Blog said...

Ryan told me there was a really cool talk on fathers and daughters! I will have to look it up!

Elise said...

I love your photos of the temple. I wish we could have been there with you. It sounds amazing! I am definitely planning a trip like this in the future! Conference Weekend was awesome for us too! I love the book you made. I'll need to bust those out in April. Mylee would love it; Mercer would love it too much. Probably do it during the session he naps through.

I am waiting for inspiration to strike on the Christmas party. All I can think of so far that is memorable about past parties is the food. If you plan good food people will be happy. Particularly the year there was a smorgasbord of pies. Mmmmmm.

Cherryl said...

It was so fun being with you at conference. I am so happy that you love the words of our leaders and that you can't wait to read them. I feel the same. They seem to make everything seem better in this crazy world that we live in. I hope you get some good ideas for your ward party. It is hard to think of what to do when there is so many people. Do you think a family could do a cute skit and some could do musical numbers? Good luck. With love