Monday, October 13, 2008

Turn that frown, upside down!

After a short summer, and approximately 2 days of fall...

...this is what we had to deal with this weekend. Damon was much more excited than I was expecting. The first thing he said was, "Will you turn me into an Eskimo?" So I did! He played outside in the snow all day.

On the brighter side Damon has been much more interested in something I love to do, especially when it is cold outside. Curl up with a good book! Now that Damon has started school he has been much more interested in trying to read, by himself. I couldn't be happier. I love that he is making a good habit while he is young, and it is really cute to watch. Also this weekend, he was pretty sad when Terk popped one of his balls. But, he quickly turned that frown upside down, by turning that ball into his new "Thinking Cap." He wore it all day whenever he picked up a book. It was pretty funny!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

"2 days of Fall" LOL Good stuff

Anonymous said...

you are so cute! damon is luckly to have such a good mom as you! :)

Joy said...

Hi Doni and Tyler! How are you guys? I found your blog through Jamie's and I always enjoy reading and seeing the pictures. Damon is so cute! I have a blog...it's private, but if you want to see it send me your email. Mine is fairjoy@gmail.com.

Straley Family said...

Doni, it looks so cold there, its still indian summer here. Maybe you guys could come for a visit.

Elise said...

Yeah, you should check out the good weather here in Iowa. ;) These stories are really cute. I miss my Damon! I hope you all had a fun time hunting this weekend!