Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The last couple of weeks

have been busy, but so fun.


First up, my Mom's b-day. We went to dinner and then it was back to my house for cake.
Then Valentine's Day. Andy and Ari came over with some friends of theirs and we had a little "Iron Chef America"-like competition. Each couple had one hour to make a dish and we all did it at the same time, in my kitchen. I wondered if there would be a space issue, but it turned out fine. There was plenty of room, however I think between the 6 of us we dirtied every dish in the house. When the hour was up we called in the judges.

Lori and Damon,

and Michael and Amanda.

It was so much fun and we really want to do it again sometime. Anyone who is interested in a little friendly food competition, let me know.
Then last week was Ryan's birthday.
After the cake I shared my memories of the night of Ryan's birth. Let's just say the night he was born was not the best day of my life.
I will have to tell the story sometime. I will say I spent most of it at the Ipsen's. (Josie, do you remember that? Probably not, I only do because it was full of embarrassment.) I think every birthday since has been okay, this one was for sure.

6 comments:

josie said...

I do remember. Dont be embarassed,lol. Mostly it was exciting for me because it was a sleepover and a new baby was being born.
I worked in Ryans second grade classroom my senior year. He was such a cutie than. I bet he still is.

Straley Family said...

Doni, your so much fun! Your cakes looked beautiful. I can't wait to see you guys next month.

Lori said...

I can't believe Ryan is so Big, He's not your little brother anymore, just your younger brother. Crazy huh! Mine have passed me up too. You're so creative, love the fun couples cooking. Lots of fun! Is that Andy's and Michel's wives? I lost touch with so many, I have no clue what they've been up to. You're awesome!

Elise said...

Haha. I can see why you're still embarrassed. ;) The cakes do look super yummy. Mom looks so pretty in the top picture. I wish I was there for all the b-day celebration. But, I will be able to celebrate your b-day with you. I'm so excited!

Cordie said...

The food cook off sounds like a blast! I miss my DoniLyn!

Bryant and Jodi said...

Ok I want some pointers on a freindly food competition. Ok I love your kitchen it looks really nice! HOw are you doing keep me updated.