Sunday, August 9, 2009

Did we just skip past summer this year?

We are back home after a week away. We had lots of fun and I have plenty of pictures to share sometime. Right now I wanted to recap our fun Saturday with our little visitor, Devon.

Our city is celebrating it's 60th, and there were lots of activities planned. Too bad it rained for most of them.
That didn't stop us from attending the parade. Tyler will never miss an opportunity for free candy. We did have to fill Devon in on our "Parade Rule." Tyler and I are free to any of the candy, because, let's face it, without us they wouldn't have any. Right?
The boys are having lots of fun together and it is nice that Damon is entertained all day.

After the parade we had to hurry home from some hot, herbal tea. Not something I am used to fixing in August.

After everyone was warm and dry we headed back out. Home Depot had a children's project and Devon and Damon had lots of fun building these birdhouses. I am sure if a Dad would have been helping they would be a little more square, but I did my best and the boys actually did most of the work.

Our last stop was the bouncy house and then it was home for dinner. The kids were worn out and ready when bedtime came. They had one little hiccup on their way to "dreamland" and that was a very interesting conversation about aliens. I was called in a couple of times to clear up a few things (which I couldn't really do, since I am not well versed on the topic) and finally I heard the happy sound of quiet breathing. What a day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way you do about the summer topic- Where did it go? It seems as though it was just Christmas. How time is flying by- CUTE CUTE bird houses!!

Elise said...

That sounds like a great day! We just went to a parade too. I love the home depot aprons. We'll have to bring Mylee's and do some crafts when we come in a few months!