Sunday, August 30, 2009

We survived!

The first week back to school, that is!
The mornings were the hardest. We are night owls at this house.

The first day was tough. The only thing Damon was excited about in the morning was his new "Master Yoda" shirt. He came home happier than when he left so I think that is a good sign.

We had our 2nd annual Back to School Night FHE. Aren't our party hats sweet?

We ate yummy food and Damon was so cute when he wanted to make a toast.
Our goals this year are to be more motivated and no more procrastination. When something needs to be done, just do it! These are in addition to last years theme, Be Your Best!

7 comments:

Elise said...

Adorable pictures. I love how proud he looks in his new shirt! That looks like a fun dinner. We need to work on procrastinating over in the Martin home too! I've always been a good procrastinator. I checked out Be Your Best. I swear, I feel like I just read that post. Where did the year go?

straley's said...

You guys are cute parents!

Unknown said...

SUPER cute idea! I love your clever ideas... Glad he came home happier than when he left. So what do you do with your lonely days?

Brad and Emily said...

What a fun mommy! You make me want to be more fun.

The Clements Family said...

Hey Donilyn! That is fun to see your blog. Damon is such a cute guy. I'm surprised Ally didn't mention his Yoda shirt. She is a Star Wars fanatic. I'm sure that I'll see you soon!

Tara said...

That looks so fun! It was good to see you last week or so. One day we will live close and run everyday again!

Cordie said...

I think I need to do a back to school feast, what a great tradition.