Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Saturday on the ice!

Tyler loves shooting his guns, no matter what the weather. On Saturday he wanted to go and Damon and I don't get out much so I thought we would go, too. Damon has never been before. We were planning to spen most of our time on the 4-wheeler, while Tyler played with his guns. Well the first thing Tyler did while opening the gate was slip and fall on the ice. After picking himself back up, we went out to set up his target. There was a huge snow drift and we sunk. No need to mention where we were stuck since you know we were setting up a target. It would have been scary on a busy day, but lucky for us nobody else was dumb enough to think it was a good day to be outside.
This is the ice. It is not a good picture, but I'm sure you can imagine smooth, flat ice pretty much everywhere. When Tyler got back in the truck after falling he said he could feel it coming for about 30 seconds, but he couldn't do anything about it. It was pretty funny. I was laughing so hard and then I got out. We were pretty much on an ice skating rink.
Needless to say we didn't have too much fun on the 4-wheeler because of the ice. We had a very cold time. Damon sat in the truck and watched a movie for most of the time. I kept Tyler company for awhile, but froze. It was no suprise to me why there were only a couple other people there that day.

3 comments:

Elise said...

Wow, I'm surprised there were even a couple other people out there that day. Sounds so cold! The other day we went to the store and I was commenting on how cold it felt and Brady said it felt great. It turns out it was the warmest day that week. Good thing I don't have to go out every morning at 6 am!

Cordie said...

What a crazy day for you guys! Is that your four wheeler, it looks nice?

Cordie said...

Oh my gosh! I forgot to tell you how much I LOVE your love letters! Do you scrapbook???