Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Homemade Wallets

Yesterday I found some really cute fabric and buttons, and had the sudden urge to make a wallet? I found these two fabrics, which I liked the most and had to make two.
I made pockets in this one to hold travel documents. I know a lot of people leaving the country this summer, and I thought it would be fun to make them a similar wallet. That was before I knew how long it would take me. So, does anyone have any ideas on passport covers, that may not be quite so much work? I think using oil cloth would save on time because there wouldn't be so many hems, but I don't know if you can get cute, patterned oil cloth. I would love any ideas, or input!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're way ahead of me, I don't even know what oil cloth is. Those are really cute!

Cordie said...

You are so dang TALENTED!! Those are so dang cute! DoniLyn way to go. A cruise...when you going? I am so jealous!

Tara said...

SOOOO TALENTED AND DOMESTICATED! Remember that one day (and it really just seemed like it all happened in a day)when you lost all that weight after Damon and your mouth surgery you just decided to make a really cute butterfly skirt???? I remember seeing you in it and thinking....okay, I need to do something with myself. What next?
I too don't know what oil cloth is.