Friday, March 12, 2010

2nd Generation Needle Nerves

This is the guy that I thought was going to start crying when his mom wanted to do a little finger prick for a blood sugar level test.
This is also the guy that told me he had to fight the urge to punch the nurse who had to give him a tetanus shot.
Now here he is donating blood. All grown up.
Damon was the one making jokes and acting silly to mask the fact that he was uncomfortable. I assured him he had to be 17 and 110 lbs. to donate. But I also had to let him know that the food table was for people willing to bleed for the cause. He didn't meet any of the criteria.

4 comments:

Cordie said...

Donating blood, for me, would be nearly impossible!!!!!! Oh just looking at the first pictures made me about pass out.

Straley Family said...

Go Ty, what a man.

Elise said...

Wow. He's come a long way! I've cried at nearly all of my Dr. apts. due to the fact that I've had blood drawn, or fingers pricked, or shots given. I keep thinking next time I won't freak out but I always do! I like how Tyler would use aggression instead of tears. But it looks like those days are past. Great job Tyler!

Cherryl said...

Tell Tyler I am so proud of him. He really is getting over his fear of needles. I don't want to donate blood although I should and I really should let Dad donate, but he got so sick after the last time.