Sunday, March 28, 2010

Free time projects!

A few weeks ago Tyler and Damon went to a Jazz game. That left me with a good 8 hours to do whatever I wanted. I spent way too much time telling myself it was ok not to clean or work while they were gone. Then I had to decide what I wanted to do. After all of that I spent quite a bit of time on the computer and I made 2 trips to the craft store (after I decided what I was going to do.) This is what I worked on.




This chair was resting peacefully at D.I. with an $8 price tag. I walked past it more than once before I talked myself into considering it. I was afraid to touch it. I found cereal under the cushion. It scared me a little. I brought it home anyway. I painted the legs, bought a button kit and used left over fabric from something else to make the black button. After I sewed and stapled all of the fabric into place I attached cute black piping over all of the unfinished edges. And, it's comfortable which is the best part.

While I had the black paint out I decided to refresh this photo screen. It has been stored away since we moved into our house 4 years ago. I have always liked it, but I just couldn't find a place for it. After a few minor adjustments it fit right in next to my new chair. It was also lots of fun to go through all of my pictures and decide which ones I wanted to use in each of the 15 openings (that may be what took the most time of all.)

Remeber this post about these little wooden accents? This is one of the projects I had in mind for them. They were such an inexpensive and simple change that made a big difference.

The boys got home completely exhausted and went straight to bed. It was fun to have some time to myself, but I was so glad when they got home. I went straight to bed myself.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

SHUT UP! All that in only 8 hours!? That chair alone would have taken me a good two days! lol (I have 2 sitting in my basement just waiting to be reupholstered.)

I've been on a make-over bug lately, but at the rate you get things done I'd rather just pay you to come do it for me. :)

BEAUTIFUL PROJECTS!

Elise said...

Wow! They look awesome! I remember that photo screen. We used it at your wedding. It looks great! And I honestly can't believe the chair! It is so adorable. I would spend a lot of money on a cute chair like that! I love having time to myself to get things done!

JaCee said...

LOVE THEM!!!! Great Job!

Cherryl said...

That little corner is so beautiful now. You should be an interior designer. I mean the kind that famous rich people want to hire. I was glad that we got to see it last weekend.

Cherryl said...

Will you tell Jacee to invite me to her blog? Thanks

Anonymous said...

You're amazing!

Bryant and Jodi said...

Love them both! Good work, wish i had eight hours to do something.

Mama Bear said...

Wow Girl!! You are really good.

Cordie said...

Holy TALENTED!!!! I Love it!