Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting, Fuel, and An Orange!






I don't want to get too political, but I would like to say that I have always taken pride in my ability to vote. I am disturbed by the fact that yesterday brought out record numbers of voters. It makes me sad that it takes crisis for people to decided to do something.









Good Example: Why is it, that it takes gas to jump above $4.00 a gallon for people to finally decide we need to look at alternate fuels? Things like this really upset me. Why can't we all just want to be our best, and do our best all the time?









Now, because I always find comfort in listing things I am grateful for, and because of the fun holiday we have coming up, I want to dedicate all of my November posts to something I am grateful for at that moment! They may be deep and meaningful, or small and simple. Whatever strikes me, I guess.


Today: Oranges!
Story: A couple weeks ago Damon really wanted an orange. I decided to pay the 60 cents and get one. We were not impressed. Now suddenly the days are shorter, the weather is colder, and I can buy a whole bag of delicious oranges for $3.50. The thing I am really grateful for today is that we can get fresh fruit, and any food for that matter, up here in the icy, cold mountains any time of the year. We do still need to be aware of the seasonal items, like oranges, but when they aren't available something else always is. Lucky!

4 comments:

Tara said...

YEAH! I agree with everthing... love the hat!

Straley Family said...

Doni, I have to admit I didn't vote. Not for a lack of trying, John and I talked and talked about who we were going to vote for but in the end we figured they were both good and they were both bad. On that note I am pleased with who won. I didn't know if I would be until they announced it.

Straley Family said...

One more thing...gas in Iowa is only 1.89 a gallon. Time to move.

Bryant and Jodi said...

You are too cute!