Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An apple a day

can get old. As much as I love them sometimes it's nice to change things up a bit.
So, when these arrived at my house today I wanted to enjoy them in a new way. Plus, we were freezing and wanted something warm.

I just peeled and chopped a few of the little guys and tossed them in a sauce pan. I covered them with apple juice and threw in a handful of golden rasins. Then I sprinkled in a tiny bit of cloves and a couple of shakes of cinnamon. I let them bubble away for quite a few min. When they started to melt together I stirred them up leaving bigger soft chunks. The smell was delightful and gave us the feeling of fall. I sprinkled a few canndied pecans on top just before eating. It was such a quick and easy snack. And, I didn't feel bad about eating a lot.

After picking up a couple of apples I uncovered this little buddy. I wonder who that was? I have my suspisions, but whoever it was, I bet it was a cutie pie!

After freezing rain all day it finally turned to snow just a couple of hours ago. Damon is using the snow as an excuse for not being in his p.j.'s yet. Stinker! He is sound asleep now, though, in spite of his excitement. Glad someone has a positive attitude about it.

2 comments:

Rowland Blog said...

hahaha...sorry thought I got all the ones that Ellie belly helped herself to :)

Tara said...

I love your Halloween decor! You are super creative! I can't believe it has snowed there already.