Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Relief!

That's what I am feeling. I just got home from Enrichment and even though I really didn't have to do very much to get ready for this one (except a bunch of running around today) I am so relieved. I think it is just the thought of being incharge if anything should go wrong. It turned out great. It was back-to-school night, Relief Society University that is, theme; Goal Setting. Complete with school lunch ladies wearing hair nets (wish I had a picture of that).
Because I am not very organized and a procrastinator (remember family back to school night goals), I had a lot to do today. In addition to Enrichment it was Jay's birthday. Jay is a handicapped guy we take care of and he doesn't have any family to celebrate with him. Well, after setting up for the meeting I mentioned I still had to go home and make a cake for him. This nice lady in my ward ran to the store and showed up at my house 20 min. later with cake, ice cream, candles, and decorating frosting. It was so so super nice. If it weren't for her we would have ended up celebrating tomorrow.
We cut the cake just before I had to catch the bus.


So, now that it is over I felt to fully relax I needed to do a little web surfing. I just happend to come across this fun idea for the 2nd time. What are the chances? I decided that I really need to take this challenge. Any guesses what my goal will be? I think it will be really fun. Try it, even if you have to start a day or two late.

Also, I would love any ideas on fun Enrichment activities! Please share any that you have really enjoyed! It is so nice to have ideas that have already worked! Thanks!

3 comments:

Elise said...

I'm glad the activity went well. What a fun idea!! We are doing the 21 day challenge! We are going to stay on top of our dishes as a family. Wish us luck.

Tara said...

We did one the other night where we had bake demonstrations of peoples favorite or staple foods. Not much set up for you, they bring their own stuff. I also went to one similar where several people made things out of their food storage and shared the recipes. Sounds like you had a busy day. Things are slow here for me, maybe I'll finally update the blog....

Cherryl said...

That was so sweet of your friend to get the cake for Jay. I hope that I would think to do that for someone. You have a great ward and neighborhood. Love Mom