Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting festive and a little spray paint!


I had fun getting out our Halloween decor.



Damon had fun getting out our Halloween decor.



Terk... not so much. I told him "no" when he tried to take these off the first time and then went about my buisness. Then at least 20 min. later I noticed him laying like this on the end of the couch. He is such an obedient puppy.
I have been having fun with thrift store items and spray paint the last few days. These are a few things that have crossed my "spray paint path."
Also the frame to the "Boo" sign on my table. It started out red, with a crazy print glued inside.
I ripped off the backing and moved the hook (so it would hang horizontally). Then I took the frame out and sprayed it black. I cut out the letters with some vinyl and my trusty Cricut (you could also just buy some letter stickers or come on over and I will cut you some), and attached them to the front of the glass. Then I taped a piece of cute paper to the back. I made sure to put it on the frame and not the glass to give some dimension. Then I just attatched the ribbon. It was lots of fun and super quick. I think cleaning the glass is the step that took the longest. It was worth it for the $.75 I paid for the frame. Just a fun idea I thought I would share.

3 comments:

Bryant and Jodi said...

Super cute! I love the horns on the dog.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!

Brad and Emily said...

That is some cute stuff! You are always very creative.