Thursday, September 24, 2009

~Chores~

This little buddy is pretty good at "forgetting" what he was supposed to get done when I give him a small list of things to do.

So, recently while putting together some collages to send to Ryan in Guatemala, I came up with an idea to help Damon remember what comes next in our daily routine. I ran around the house taking pictures of all the things Damon is responsible for and the rewards for each of these things.

Then, I put 9 pictures on a 4x6 photograph. I had them printed and then cut each one out.


I stuck each picture to a laminated chore chart using Handi-Tak. Now I can move them around or add to the chart when I need to. On laundry day I just add a picture of folded clothes which doesn't need to be there everyday.

So far this is working pretty well, but I am always looking for new ideas. So, do you have any ides on getting kids to get the work done quickly so there is time to play? Please share!

5 comments:

Rowland Blog said...

How do you come up with this stuff! You amaze me!!!!! That is the coolest idea I have ever seen!!! Your such a good mom

Unknown said...

Way fun to remember what to do next for a little guy- I LOVE IT!

Elise said...

I love it. Pictures are great! As far as other ideas, so far I just need to sing, "Clean up, clean up. Everybody everywhere. Clean up, Clean up. Everybody do your share," and that works for Mylee. :) She calls it "Sheeem UP!"

JaCee said...

Um ya I absolutely do not have a better idea so I am totally copying - I love it!!

Cordie said...

What a great idea! I am going to use it! THANKS!