Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a week!

It all started at the fair.

These are a few of my highlights.

I look forward to these all year, and they did not disappoint!

This goat followed the foam padding with a nice big drink from the communal water bowl. But, you do know goats eat everything, right?


Usually my favorite exhibits are the photography and the painting, but the cakes may have won me over this year. Isn't it awesome? And, Damon assured us that they smelled as good as they looked. This race car game was a hit with the boys, and everyone always loves the puppies.




Damon was a good boy and had $4 allowance money, just the amount of this gun which he can't stop talking about. Why can't he love books as much?

Damon's first soccor practice of the fall. He was pretty excited, and so was I when we tried a new league, which I thought was less expensive. That was before I knew that we had to buy a uniform in addition to the registration fee. And, I couldn't even find the right one when I went out shopping for it on Friday!

Saturday was lots of fun. My family came over to cheer Damon and I on in the races we competed in.

Damon was so cute preparing for his race and I am sure I was beaming about it all. I reminded him that he was racing with me in utero and he just said, "I know." I guess he has heard that before. Hmm.

I was so impressed with his attitude about the whole thing. He took it seriously, but had lots of fun. Coach G (my dad) noticed his good running form, Tyler and Grandma took some great pictures, and I ran around like one of those really annoying parents at their kids sporting events. You know the type.

Just after Damon finished I had to hurry over to my event, 25K duathlon. I wish I hadn't missed Damon's trip to the athlete's food table. Afterwards Tyler told me Damon had a power bar, but he didn't think he liked it since he only ate half. Are you kidding me. A 6 year old eating 1/2 of a power bar. I don't think the problem was he didn't like it, I think he was probably about to explode. Those suckers are dense.

After the races we hurried home to spend a lovely afternoon with Tyler's family. I can't believe I didn't snap one picture. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. And the food was fabulous as always.

What a week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that grin on Damon's face in the 1st photo- ADORABLE, and those BLUE eyes! :)
What fun to spend time with both sides of the family. Going to the State Fair is something that my family did every year growing up- SUPER fun! :)
What fun that you both raced... like Mother, like son... AWESOME!

Tara said...

I love that you did another race! You go girl! I can attest to you running with Damon while pregnant:) It did happen. Your posts are always entertaining. I feel like I can never live up to them...prob never will. Congrats on the race!

Julie said...

I love the pictures. Damon's race looked so cute. We'll have to try and promote more kid races around here. I loved your back to school FHE party idea I will have to use that idea in the future.

Elise said...

Fun fun FUN! The cake at the fair looks awesome! I'm going to try to make Mylee a cute b-day cake this year. The races sound so fun. I love the picture of Mom hugging him with his medal. Precious.

Cherryl said...

Dear DoniLyn, Now that you helped me get an e-mail address I can look at your blog. You do a great job with it and thanks for including me in it. That is sweet. You do a lot of fun things with Tyler and Damon. That makes me so proud of you. See you soon. Love ya Mom.