Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Eve

This year we got to enjoy Christmas in my parent's new addition to their house. They finished it just in time.

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. We have many fun traditions in my family and I look forward to them sooo much.


We started Christmas Eve by meeting our new neice, Mylee. She is such a sweet little thing. It was so fun to squeeze her for the first time.


Ryan got a new guitar and showed us his mad skills. He even knows some Christmas songs.


We always play lots of games at my house, especially at Christmas time.


This is Damon trying to be involved in Apples to Apples. Notice all of the cute stockings.


Every year we all find things around the house to dress up for our annual Nativity scene. It is always so much fun. This year I was a shepherd and Damon was my little lamb. We have added new characters through the years as our family grows. Another tradition is to eat a dinner filled with things Mary and Joseph might have eaten. However, that has also changed over the years. It has gotten a little more elaborate. I don't know that they ate many of the things we did this year, but the idea is still there and the food was so good.

2 comments:

Tara said...

WOW! You did some pretty fun Family things together, I love that! I hope I can start things like that with my own family. Your parents new addtion is beautiful, I was trying to figure out whose house you were at.

Cordie said...

Where did your parents add on to the house? It looks so nice! I bet they love it and Elise's little girl is such a doll!